Dentsply Sirona announces new sustainability strategy. Beyond. Taking Action for a Brighter World.
“Sustainability is fundamental to our mission and vision. We strive to create long term value for all our stakeholders by supporting our customers to provide world-class dental care, while integrating sustainability and lifecycle thinking into everything we do,” said
Aligned with 10 UN Sustainable Development Goals (UNSDGs), Dentsply Sirona’s sustainability strategy focuses on three strategic pillars: “Healthy Planet”, which strives to mitigate the environmental impact of our operations; “Healthy Smiles”, which focuses on improving oral health quality and access globally, supporting our customers and fostering a healthy company culture; and, “Healthy Business”, which ensures our business is built via responsible and transparent practices and the effective integration of sustainability principles across all aspects of our business.
2020 sustainability highlights and the next milestones:
Healthy Planet highlights:
- Established a robust baseline for Scopes 1 and 2 greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions, and implemented a range of on-site emissions reduction initiatives
- Set out to reduce Scopes 1 and 2 GHG Emissions Reduction ≥ 15% by 2025, and to achieve net zero carbon emissions (scopes 1-3) by 2050
- 6% YOY decrease in total waste (solid and hazardous) per measure of net sales, and set out to reduce total waste ≥15% by 2025
- Established a goal to reduce water withdrawal for manufacturing/warehouse operations by ≥15% by 2025
Healthy Smiles highlights:
- Trained more than 1 million dental professionals in 2020
- Nearly 7,300 Clinical Education and training courses conducted in 80 countries
- Set goal to achieve 25 million smiles by 2025
- Working to achieve gender parity and gender pay parity by 2025
- More than
$10 millionprovided in cash and in-kind donations to philanthropic and community initiatives
Healthy Business highlights:
- 50% of Board members are gender and/or ethnically diverse, with average tenure of 5 years
- 60% of Board committees chaired by women
- 91% of Board is independent (all except Chief Executive Officer)
Joining forces to achieve more
“The world is facing major environmental, social and economic challenges, and all sectors need to step up and play their part,” says
VP, Investor Relations
Source: DENTSPLY SIRONA Inc.